|MPS Early Childhood Center Preschool Registration Information
Registration for the Marlborough Early Childhood Center
2017-18 school year has begun!
Due to space/enrollment constraints, the Marlborough Early Childhood Center uses a lottery system for admitting students into ECC classes.
Questions? Call the ECC at (508) 460-3503.
- To qualify for the lottery, parents must complete ALL registration materials at the bottom of this page.
- Registration documents must be completed in full and can be returned to the ECC†between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays) now through Jan. 20, 2017.
- Registrations received after Jan. 20, 2017 automatically will go on the waitlist.
- Parents who have submitted completed registration documents by the Jan. 20, 2017 deadline will be contacted sometime in late December or early January with an appointment time†to bring their preschooler to the ECC for pre-admission academic and developmental screening. All appointments will be on Jan. 26, 2017 - applicants should keep this date open for these appointments.
- The lottery will be held shortly after the Jan. 26, 2017 screening day, and letters will be sent out by the end of April 2017 to all lottery-registered families, notifying them of either their acceptance into the program or their placement on one of the waitlists.
About the Marlborough Early Childhood Center Preschool Programs
The Marlborough Early Childhood Center (MECC) is an integrated preschool program serving both special needs and general education students. Classes are taught by highly qualified teachers who are certified in the areas of early childhood education and special education. Support staff, such as paraeducators and behavior techs, and related service providers also are certified for classroom work.
All MECC preschool programs are four-day programs unless otherwise specified in a studentís Individualized Education Program.†
Questions regarding the preschool program and lottery can be directed to MECC at (508) 460-3503.
- Half-day programs run Monday through Thursday. Identified special education students who qualify for the preschool program attend free of charge. Regular education studentís tuition is $2,300 for half-day program. Half-day programs are either 9:00-11:30 morning or 12:30-3:00 afternoons.
- There are two Monday through Thursday full-day programs (9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.) for PK1 students who will move on to kindergarten the following year. Full-day per-student tuition is $3,400, and placement will be via a lottery system. Special education students who are in the full-day program do not have to pay for the special education services they receive; they will pay $2,300 for the extended day.
- Tuition assistance on a sliding scale is available as determined by the state.
- Families with students attending the ECC for 2016-2017 are automatically included in the lottery for 2017-2018. They will be asked to complete a session preference sheet when school resumes after the December 2016 winter break.
- Bus transportation is only available to students with special needs who qualify for it; most parents are responsible for their ECC studentsí transportation to and from school.
|Registration forms and documents:
- New Student Registration Packet -†COMPLETE ALL.
- Additional Forms & Information